Haunted [Literate]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:00 pm

Well, I guess I'll go out on a limb and create the first RP! Ok. So this is going to be based on the show Ghost Whisperer. Don't know how many of you have seen it, but that's where I'm getting the idea. So let's get started, shall we?

Plot:
It's the start of a perfect summer. You're out with your friends, having fun and celebrating the end of school - for some of you, it's the end of highschool altogether. You're laughing and joking around as you pile into an SUV to head to the theater. The driver is just as animated as the rest of you, telling a hilarious last-day-of-school story. He's so involved in his storytelling that he doesn't see how he's starting to cross the yellow line. And then it happens. So fast that none of you saw it coming. You collide head-on with a car coming the opposite direction, and in the blink of an eye most (if not all) of you are dead.

All right. Basically in this RP, you can be either dead or alive. As one who has just died, you are confused and disoriented, unsure of what's happened to you. As you come to your senses and see your body lying in the middle of the street, you begin to realize that something is terribly wrong. For one thing, you find that you can't speak to the living. Also, you seem to be trapped on the earth - and you don't know why.

Now for the details: Ghosts have the ability to influence the living. They can touch them, and they can cause them to see illusions or visions. The only thing is, they can't speak to them. The challenge? Ghosts are trapped on the earth because of an unresolved problem. For example, if a ghost is harboring a grudge - or if a living person is unforgiving towards the ghost - the spirit will not be able to cross over. Thus, as long as the problem remains, the ghost is trapped on the earth. However, there are several guide spirits - called Spectors in the realm of the dead - that may aid the new ghosts. Of course, everything depends on the ghost's willingness to cooperate...

Playable Characters:
~ You may play the role as a ghost, a living person, or a Spector.

Rules:
1. All ghosts will have just died - so none will know what's just happened.
2. Spectors will have been dead for at least one year.
3. You may play multiple roles, but the limit is 3 characters to avoid confusion.
4. No cursing - obviously.
5. Use proper grammar and spelling, and no one-line posts.
6. Put the name of your favorite song at the end of your bio so I know you read all this.

Example Bio:

Name:
Age (7-18):
Appearance (be as detailed as possible):
Personality:
How you died (applies to ghosts and Spectors):
Relation to dead person (applies to living people):

I'll post my bio in my next post. If I forgot anything or if you have any questions, ask. HAVE FUN!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Character Profile

Name: Audrey Eastwood
Role: Ghost (I forgot - you need to put this in your bio too.)
Appearance: Audrey has light blonde hair that falls in soft curls just below her shoulders. Her sweeping bangs cover her left eye a bit before blending with the rest of her hair. Her eyes are a bright teal color shot through with emerald. She has lightly tanned skin. Audrey is slim with a slight athletic build and stands at about 5'5". She usually prefers to wear babydoll tops and skinny jeans, paired with either Converse or ballet flats depending on her mood.
Personality: Audrey is more of the quiet type and is rarely outspoken. She tends to avoid arguments because she hates to come across as antagonistic. Audrey is intelligent but rarely lets anyone know it.
How she died: Audrey died when her car was broadsided by a van. Her sister Amaryss survived the crash.

Name: Amaryss Eastwood
Role: Living
Appearance: Like her twin Audrey, Amaryss has blonde hair; however, hers is a light honey blonde - just a shade darker than Audrey's. She wears it in a shorter, pin-straight style that barely skims her shoulders. Her bangs also skim across her left eye. Her eye color matches Audrey's, but hers leans more towards blue than green. Amaryss is slightly taller than her sister, standing at about 5'6", and has a more willowy, graceful build. Amaryss tends to wear bright, layered tops over dark jeans, complete with Vans.
Personality: Before the crash, Amaryss was known as "the loud twin." She always spoke her mind, regardless of what people thought of her opinion. She tended to be brash most of the time. The crash devastated her. Her outspokenness dissolved, and she spiraled into depression. She blames herself for her sister's death.
Relation to ghost: Twin sister

Name: Emily Janson
Role: Spector
Appearance: Emily has chocolate brown hair cut in an angled bob around her face. The longest strands in the front reach to her chin, and the style grows progressively shorter towards the back of her head. Emily's eyes are sapphire blue and slightly large for her childish face. She has a sprinkling of freckles over the bridge of her nose and her cheekbones. Emily stands at about 5'1" and is rather skinny. She mostly wears t-shirts and jeans with Adidas or Nike sneakers.
Personality: Emily is playful, being only 12 years old. She loves to help the other ghosts find the light, because seeing others happy makes her happy. She tends to enjoy the simpler things in life and amuse herself with nature. She can be serious when she needs to be, and she is very kind-hearted. Emily is content with what she does, even though she's been a Spector for 4 years.
How she died: Emily's father, a drunkard, murdered her and her mother one night after coming home late at night from a bar.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm

Name: Aimee Frost
Appearance: Short brown hair with blonde highlights on her bangs and shortest layer. Green eyes. Normal skin tone. She is very athletic and is on the track team. She's 5' 6" and is strongly built. She usually wears tanktops and sports wear. Her favorite color is orange so she wears a lot of that. She always wears the locket her older sister got her for her sixteenth birthday. She wouldn't be caught dead without it.
Personality: Aimee is cool and out going. She's always challenging herself to do better in track and in school, but she knows how to have fun with her friends. People look up to her for advice cos she has a good head on her shoulders. At home, she acts a litle less mature because of her older sister. She doesn't realize it, but she depends on her sister too much.
Relation to dead person: younger sister
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:13 pm

*cough* Rule 6! *cough*
Haha, I'll accept you anyway, don't worry.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:16 pm

what if u dont have a fav song cos u like so many????? lol
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:17 pm

im still thinking of new characters. i have to go with mom to her piano lessons so i'll think while im there cos i'll have nothing to do anyway
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:29 pm

Take your time.
Lol and I forgot to put my fave song...whoops. It's Behind These Hazel Eyes...haha.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:48 pm

Name:Lee Gettys
Role: Ghost
Appearance:His black hair is worn in a flat top. The military battle dress uniform that he wears over his pale skin is crisp and clean. The black combat boots look like they have been just spit-shined. He is well-muscled as a result of his military training. He stands at 6'4".
Personality: Lee has an air of responsibility and duty. He likes everything neat and straight. His one downfall is his temper which has gotten him into trouble on several occasions.
How he died: Lee was sent off to war with only six months training. During an intense firefight, his friend and buddy, Peter Rivera, left him in the open to be slaughtered when Peter's cowardice refused to let him open the door to the bunker.

Name:Peter Rivera
Appearance: His brown hair can't be seen because of his buzz cut. His battle dress uniform is stored in a chest, and he now wears blue jeans and a black leather jacket over a white t-shirt. He has five scars from the bullet\shrapnel he received during the war. He stands at 6'2" and is a little bit smaller than most soldiers.
Personality: Peter is the big-shot. He struts around thinking he owns the world. That was before the war. After watching his buddy, Lee, die; Peter is broken on the inside but keeps up his big-shot act.
Relation to ghost: Friend

[[Erm. I don't have a favorite song.]]

Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:41 pm

You're in...fo sho!
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:22 pm

question before i put in my other characters....what about suicides?
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:27 pm

Suicides are fine. Any type of death is acceptable.
And here, I'll add a couple rules/guidelines to avoid any confusion...

~Evil Spectors are allowed and can be used to misguide ghosts.
~Once the RP starts, please use [] , [[]] , () , or (()) to enclose OOC comments.

That should be all...I always forget stuff so you'll hafta excuse that...lol.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:34 pm

Name: Eva Frost
Role: Ghost
Appearance: Short, black emo hair. Blue eyes. (She dyed it) She normally wears her TWLOHA shirt with skinny jeans and converse shoes. If she's not wearing TWL, then she's wearing a band shirt. She wears wrist bands and armsocks. She's shorter, 5' 4", skinny, but evenly proportioned.
Her skin is very pale. On her left hand is a large burn mark that goes passed her wrist.
Personality: Very quiet, but opinionated. She's frank and almost cold-hearted to people she doesn't know. She has very few friends because of this. But, to her sister, Aimee, she's nice and protective. Her actions speak louder than words. Whenever she's mad at home, she goes up to her room and jams on her electric to blow out some steam. She loves to write lyrics and just express her feelings through music.
How did she die: Suicide on January 29 (i hope the date doesnt mess ppl up i can take it away)
Relation to living: Older sister of Aimee

Name: Lucy
Role: Spector
Appearance: Long blonde hair. Petite body. She wears a long, white dress. Black eyes.
Personality: Just a little girl running around singing...how innocent....She has a sweet voice and smile....
How did she die: Her mother drowned her in the tub

(fav song for the moment is..........BLUE AND YELLOW)
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Accepted! Yatta! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:48 am

(i just realized i created the most emo goth character....lol hopefully she wont mess things up)
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:36 am

Psh, you should see some of the weirdo charries other people make. She won't mess anything up because usually in a RP you have a variety of personalities. Don't worry lol. Oh and you don't have to use the parentheses till it actually starts, if you don't want to.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:46 am

it was more of "pssssst...i made an emo character" post...like a sideline statement
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:09 pm

[My bad. Ok Ima go ahead and post my opener...HERE WE GO!]

Brakes squealed piercingly as the Nissan Altima spun wildly towards the side of the highway. Audrey clenched her jaw to hold back a scream as cars swerved around them. Adrenaline was coursing through her veins; she was tensely aware of the panicky gasps of her sister Amaryss as she fought to control the vehicle. Amaryss's knuckles were bone white from her grip on the wheel. Audrey saw her sister set her jaw in determination. The Ford that had clipped their bumper was coasting to the side of the road, barely scathed.
Suddenly Amaryss screamed out in alarm. In a brief, panicky glance out the passenger window, Audrey caught a glimpse of the white van barreling towards their car as it skidded sideways across the lane.
"Audrey, hang on!" Amaryss cried sharply.
The van collided with the passenger side with a deafening crunch. Glass popped as the passenger door buckled under the impact. And then everything went black.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:55 pm

(so how do I start? im a little lost...)
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:03 pm

SiCkSeNsE_13 wrote:
(so how do I start? im a little lost...)
[You can start by either detailing the death of your character, or have them just waking up from the incident and trying to figure out what happened. For starters just write a little intro for your character. Later on our characters can start to interact, but you might want to provide a little background information. Don't worry, you really won't mess anything up. If you post something and don't like it, you can just scratch that and make a new post. Nobody will kill you lol.]
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:07 pm

(ok. i think we're going shopping soon so i'll post when we get back)
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:58 pm

The tip sent shivers up her spine. She pressed it in harder and harder until the blood oozed to the surface. Then she pulled down, down across the forbidden line that never can be erased.
The blood coiled under her arm and soaked into the carpet, drip by drip. Her arm shook. She dropped the knife and leaned against the wall.

"Is it worth it? Why did I just do it?" Her eyes began to close. "I couldn't help it. I just snapped..."

Minutes passed. The door slowly opened. Her eyes opened and widened as the person in the door gasped. She lifted her hand and reached for the girl.

"I'm wasting God's breath..." She fell onto the crimson carpet. The girl ran to her and dropped to her side.

"Eva! Eva!!!" The girl shook Eva. Eva's wrist rubbed against her arm. The girl screamed and backed away. The blood smeared against her skin. "What have you done?! Why, Eva?! Tell me why for goodness's sake!"

Eva would not stir as the girl cried over her. She cried and held Eva until it hurt to cry anymore. The tears became sharper than the knife, and the knife became the instigator of tears.

And then, the body went cold...
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:03 pm

Audrey's eyes fluttered open. At first, all she saw was a blinding white light that flooded her vision. She scrunched her eyes shut and moaned. Things were beginning to return to her memory, piece by piece. The stabbing panic that had flashed up her spine, Amaryss's scream as she lost control of the car, the feel of the passenger door folding in upon itself. All painful memories that her mind automatically recoiled from.

Audrey forced her eyes open. The light was gone. She could see the myriad of cracks spreading like a web across the windshield. Small dark droplets were splattered on the glass. Blood? Audrey frowned in confusion. She must have been hurt in the collision . . . but she didn't feel any pain. Odd. She stretched out her arms, clenching and unclenching her fists, and then tested her legs. Nothing felt broken, at least not that she could tell.

A quiet moan returned Audrey's attention to her sister. Amaryss's eyes were closed, but her face was crumpled in pain. Tears stung the back of Audrey's eyes as she reached out to touch her sister's arm. She immediately withdrew her hand; if Amaryss was seriously injured then it would be wise not to touch her. I have to get out of here and call an ambulance!
Near panicking, Audrey turned to the totaled passenger door. There was no way the door could be opened from the inside. God, get me out of here! Audrey noticed with a start that most of the glass was gone from the window. An idea immediately took form in her mind. It would be difficult, but not impossible, to exit the car through the window . . . and if it was Amaryss's life at stake. . . .

Audrey ripped her seatbelt free and prepared to climb over the jagged shards of glass.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:30 pm

(do the ghosts wake up with the wounds or cuts still on them? or are they unharmed? I will post after you answer it)
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:57 pm

[They won't be injured at all. Their physical bodies will be, but they won't have been harmed. They'll leave the body having all the wounds that the body experienced, but the wounds heal within minutes. I hope that's not too confusing. So yes, in the very beginning the ghosts will have wounds but they can't feel the effects.]
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:04 am

The oxygen was shoved down her throat. Eva shot up on her bed. Her sheets were thrown from the matress. She heared crying and peeked over the bed. She held her heart.

Oh my gosh...Aimee?

Aimee still hovered on the floor, bawling. Eva's shaking arm reached out. A red gash caught her attention. She looked at her wrist and screamed. Aimee sat up and Eva's body lay in her arms. Her head leaning over Aimee's arm.

"This isn't fair!" Aimee screamed. "God, this isn't fair!!!"

Eva held her head and closed her eyes. It's just a dream...it's only a dream...

She pinched herself. Come on...wake up, Eva! Wake up!!! God, why am I dreaming this?! Are You tormenting me more? First, you have me nightmares about Aimee dying, and now it's reversed?! Tell me why, God! I want to know the meaning!

Eva stood up from her bed and watched over Aimee. Eva's body was laid flat on the soaked carpet. Aimee stood and walked out of the room and down the hall.

The body's cut wrist highlighted the scene. Eva shivered and looked at her wrist. The wound as gone. Her eyes widened. God, this isn't a dream...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haunted [Literate]   

Back to top Go down

Haunted [Literate]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next