Temple of Atun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Saigen!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Your Best PWNED Moment!
Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:03 pm by EmoliciousChuckaholic

» Favorite Anime Series?
Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:22 pm by Asianangel95

» Sora, the Chicken Leg Hero!
Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:43 pm by EmoliciousChuckaholic

» Chick Bounty Hunters
Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 1:55 pm by Asianangel95

» Indie with a revamp twist
Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:27 am by SiCkSeNsE_13

» Summer flicks. You be the judge
Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:05 am by SiCkSeNsE_13

» Fantastic Fantasy
Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:41 pm by mightyaubs

» Shi No Numa
Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:40 pm by Asianangel95

» Nadal? Out? Noooooooooo!
Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:41 pm by EmoliciousChuckaholic

Statistics
We have 8 registered users
The newest registered user is SuperSweetDonut

Our users have posted a total of 519 messages in 41 subjects

Intrigued by this

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 9:42 am

So this roleplaying section makes me very curious. Maybe a certain Admin could explain this a little better cos it sounds amazing but I don't want to mess things up bounce
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 2:38 pm

Basically, everybody part of a story (your 'role') and there is a basic plot everybody follows.

Somebody starts a roleplay by writing a little plot and then people join by making their character(s). Once everybody is joined, you just start writing, like you would write a book; and everybody writes a little bit in each post. I'm really bad at explaining things so here is an example of starting a roleplay.

The great example below gives a "Storyline" (plot), some helpful info, playable characters, and the host's character bio.
Something missing are the rules but whatever.

Quote :
Welcome to this completely unoriginal roleplay! Since I don't have enough imagination at the moment to create my own storyline, this roleplay will use the creation of someone else's mind. As you can tell by the title, it will be a spinoff of the PC/Xbox 360 game Left 4 Dead. Well, let's begin.

Storyline
The earth's population has been ravaged by a mutant rabies virus. Those infected by the virus have mutated into zombie-like creatures simply called the Infected. Sounds like your average zombie apocolypse type story, right? Well, there's more to the story than just zombies. Not everyone has been affected by the virus. A group of four Survivors, who possess an immunity to the virus, have managed to hold off the hordes of zombies...for now. The Survivors must use teamwork and intense cooperation - along with the help of some beefy weapons - to escape to safety. But just how long can they fend off the Infected?

Tweaks
In this particular roleplay, the number of survivors has increased to eight. Also, the zombies are given the ability to think and reason, although their only real goal is to destroy the Survivors.

Playable Characters
You can play as either a Survivor or an Infected. The number of Survivor positions is limited to seven (since I will be playing the role of one of the Survivors). If you are a Survivor, please keep a reasonable age (eighteen or above). If you are an Infected, you can play as a normal zombie or as one of five special zombies. There is no limit to the number of special zombies, but you must be one of these five:
Hunter: "an agile Infected that can pounce on Survivors from a great distance"
Smoker: "an Infected that ensnares Survivors with its long tongue at a distance and, upon death, releases a cloud of smoke"
Boomer: "a bloated Infected whose vomit and bile (which may be released at will or upon death) blind the player and attract the Horde
Tank: "a huge, muscular Infected that is the most powerful and difficult to kill"
Witch: "a passive female Infected that, when provoked by a loud sound, light, gunshots, or a Survivor approaching too close to her, will attack her provoker"

My Character
[Name] Jillian Pritchard
[Age] 19
[Occupation] College student
[Appearance] Honey-blonde hair that falls in layers just past her shoulders, usually kept in a high ponytail. Wide hazel eyes, with her right eye having a slightly more greenish tint than the other. Lightly tanned skin and a nearly flawless complexion. Dusting of freckles over her cheekbones and the bridge of her nose, which is slightly too large for her face. Gentle curves, and an athletic build. Stands about 5'4".
[Clothing] Tight black t-shirt with v-neck collar, tattered khaki capris, and dingy black Converse.
[Personality] Jillian used to be a sweet, energetic girl - before the virus took its toll on the population. Now she is cold, closed-off to others, and unwilling to bare her heart to anyone. Though not quite a pessimist, she tends to have a dismal outlook on things. Most of the time she retains a calculating expression, a result of the quick-witted mind which gained her access into Harvard. She is an able fighter, and will protect the other Survivors at the risk of her own life. Underneath her gruff demeanor, she is actually extremely caring and hates to see the pain of others. She would never admit it, but she values everyone else's life and feelings far above her own.

Well, have fun! I hope people join, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! ^.^
Back to top Go down
https://templeofatun.darkbb.com
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 3:01 pm

okay. that's what i thought this was but wasnt sure. sound funnnnn. thanx for explaining
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3
EmoliciousChuckaholic

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:26 pm

Admin wrote:
Basically, everybody part of a story (your 'role') and there is a basic plot everybody follows.

Somebody starts a roleplay by writing a little plot and then people join by making their character(s). Once everybody is joined, you just start writing, like you would write a book; and everybody writes a little bit in each post. I'm really bad at explaining things so here is an example of starting a roleplay.

The great example below gives a "Storyline" (plot), some helpful info, playable characters, and the host's character bio.
Something missing are the rules but whatever.

Quote :
Welcome to this completely unoriginal roleplay! Since I don't have enough imagination at the moment to create my own storyline, this roleplay will use the creation of someone else's mind. As you can tell by the title, it will be a spinoff of the PC/Xbox 360 game Left 4 Dead. Well, let's begin.

Storyline
The earth's population has been ravaged by a mutant rabies virus. Those infected by the virus have mutated into zombie-like creatures simply called the Infected. Sounds like your average zombie apocolypse type story, right? Well, there's more to the story than just zombies. Not everyone has been affected by the virus. A group of four Survivors, who possess an immunity to the virus, have managed to hold off the hordes of zombies...for now. The Survivors must use teamwork and intense cooperation - along with the help of some beefy weapons - to escape to safety. But just how long can they fend off the Infected?

Tweaks
In this particular roleplay, the number of survivors has increased to eight. Also, the zombies are given the ability to think and reason, although their only real goal is to destroy the Survivors.

Playable Characters
You can play as either a Survivor or an Infected. The number of Survivor positions is limited to seven (since I will be playing the role of one of the Survivors). If you are a Survivor, please keep a reasonable age (eighteen or above). If you are an Infected, you can play as a normal zombie or as one of five special zombies. There is no limit to the number of special zombies, but you must be one of these five:
Hunter: "an agile Infected that can pounce on Survivors from a great distance"
Smoker: "an Infected that ensnares Survivors with its long tongue at a distance and, upon death, releases a cloud of smoke"
Boomer: "a bloated Infected whose vomit and bile (which may be released at will or upon death) blind the player and attract the Horde
Tank: "a huge, muscular Infected that is the most powerful and difficult to kill"
Witch: "a passive female Infected that, when provoked by a loud sound, light, gunshots, or a Survivor approaching too close to her, will attack her provoker"

My Character
[Name] Jillian Pritchard
[Age] 19
[Occupation] College student
[Appearance] Honey-blonde hair that falls in layers just past her shoulders, usually kept in a high ponytail. Wide hazel eyes, with her right eye having a slightly more greenish tint than the other. Lightly tanned skin and a nearly flawless complexion. Dusting of freckles over her cheekbones and the bridge of her nose, which is slightly too large for her face. Gentle curves, and an athletic build. Stands about 5'4".
[Clothing] Tight black t-shirt with v-neck collar, tattered khaki capris, and dingy black Converse.
[Personality] Jillian used to be a sweet, energetic girl - before the virus took its toll on the population. Now she is cold, closed-off to others, and unwilling to bare her heart to anyone. Though not quite a pessimist, she tends to have a dismal outlook on things. Most of the time she retains a calculating expression, a result of the quick-witted mind which gained her access into Harvard. She is an able fighter, and will protect the other Survivors at the risk of her own life. Underneath her gruff demeanor, she is actually extremely caring and hates to see the pain of others. She would never admit it, but she values everyone else's life and feelings far above her own.

Well, have fun! I hope people join, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask! ^.^

WHOA...this looks familar. Haha admin you totally rawk for making a RP section!! And my bad about the rules. For everyone else, rules usually include stuff like: no cursing; no power-playing, god-modding or perfect characters (as in, don't control the plot or other people's characters); keep violence at a PG-13 level; etc.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:42 am

pg-13? that rules me out then...
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3
EmoliciousChuckaholic

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:38 am

lol. Well if you make a RP than you can change the rules to fit your own criteria. So I don't think you gotta worry too much about that. xD
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:51 am

so...who'd be up for making LEECH a rp cos im willing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:42 am

What's "LEECH"?
Back to top Go down
https://templeofatun.darkbb.com
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3
EmoliciousChuckaholic

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:42 am

Ohmygosh. I'LL HELP YOU!!! That would be totally shaweeeeeetness!!!
So, are you gonna want to use your original characters or have people make their own?
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3
EmoliciousChuckaholic

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:43 am

Admin wrote:
What's "LEECH"?
One of her wicked awesome books, yo
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:44 am

id like to have two of the main characters stay in there. i think ive changed their names since yall have read but it would be yumi and anna...i think thats what i named them back then. but i'll post a LEECH branch soon cos i think ppl would enjoy it! and hopefully it'll give me ideas for the real book ya know?
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3
EmoliciousChuckaholic

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:47 am

Sounds good. So for playable characters you'd wanna offer slots for Yumi and Anna...or you could claim one or both of them yourself.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 11:49 am

probably will haha...annnd lemme go get my usb and start this sucker after i read what i had changed in the document so i get some things right ya know?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Intrigued by this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Intrigued by this   Intrigued by this Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intrigued by this
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Temple of Atun :: Roleplay :: Out of Character-
Jump to: