Temple of Atun
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Saigen!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Your Best PWNED Moment!
Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 4:03 pm by EmoliciousChuckaholic

» Favorite Anime Series?
Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:22 pm by Asianangel95

» Sora, the Chicken Leg Hero!
Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:43 pm by EmoliciousChuckaholic

» Chick Bounty Hunters
Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 1:55 pm by Asianangel95

» Indie with a revamp twist
Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:27 am by SiCkSeNsE_13

» Summer flicks. You be the judge
Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:05 am by SiCkSeNsE_13

» Fantastic Fantasy
Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 1:41 pm by mightyaubs

» Shi No Numa
Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 12:40 pm by Asianangel95

» Nadal? Out? Noooooooooo!
Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 1:41 pm by EmoliciousChuckaholic

Statistics
We have 8 registered users
The newest registered user is SuperSweetDonut

Our users have posted a total of 519 messages in 41 subjects

Indie with a revamp twist

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

Indie with a revamp twist Empty
PostSubject: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:27 pm

Hi,

So...I got an amp last weekend for my acoustic/electric guitar. (electric meaning I have the ability to do effects and amplify the sound...its not eletric!) But with this amp, I have the power to record stuff. And well, I figured out one of the Star Ocean themes. I really like the music in the games.

So I've been toying with the theme and I got the chords down. Well, I have a version at least. It goes Em, G, G7, D, back to Em. Put a little twist on there and go from Em to F, to B back to Em to give it a little bridge so its not the same thing over and over again.

Still working out the kinks and it probably wont sound very good, but I thought I'd give it a shot and see how it turns out. Phil's got a recording program on his laptop and we can layer the mp3 with our keyboard and guitar harmony IF we get serious about this. Who knows...I might even put lyrics with the theme and SING!!! lol....maybe not sing....I'll let my bro do that...

Anyhow, so just a little post about revamping some good gaming themes cos the BLACK MAGES TOOK ALL THE GOOD FINAL FANTASY THEMES!!!! stole my thunnnnnnderrrrrr.....

INDIE ARTISTS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:00 pm

Ooooo, sounds exciting. I don't know what all the chords sound like, but the computer part sounds so totally awesome!

Do you know what the program Phil uses is called?
Back to top Go down
https://templeofatun.darkbb.com
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3
EmoliciousChuckaholic

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:03 pm

You and your chords...lol. You're actually lucky that you're learning all that. With piano I never really spent much time on the chord aspect so you definitely have an advantage. Miss Spillers is trying to get the chord progressions and such into my head. You really need it for hymn playing...haha.

What you're doing sounds really shweet! I wanna hear once you complete it!

And hey, you and me should do a duet for teentime or something. Gimme some accompaniment and I'll try to learn it! That would be funnnnn... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:04 pm

i believe he uses audacity...its a free thing he downloaded. my dad has garageband on his apple laptop so i might use that for better sound. but phil's free thing is good for testing things out.

here's the link to the star ocean theme im revamping: its the beginning nice stuff...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeX4BAONsAE

i think the vid is just gameplay. its star ocean 2. the theme is very popular
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:15 pm

*listening*

*drooling*

................epicness...........

HURRY UP AND DO IT!!!
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:20 pm

yeah my version wont be so....yeah it'll be done differently but hopefully it'll be as epic as you say.

and i was listening to this and i still have some more chords to figure out cos....

yyyyeah...i'll see what i can come up with. thanks for the support
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 3:29 pm

oh mighty admin, is there a way to attach an mp3 cos i found the version to the song that i know and love....instead of the game version...this'll give you a better door to what the song
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:28 pm

so i know this wont mean much to some people, but im kinda stuck...

so in the star ocean theme there is a D# that comes into play and the chords i have dont do the D# well and frankly i dont like it. sure i can pick it but when the chords come in, doesn't really fit.

so when this thing gets rolling, you might not hear the D# and i hope it doesnt mess things up. just a heads up for those of you know who know music. Annnnnnnnd....so my point is that it might not sound exactly like the original theme

And in other news, Phil and I might be recording our own acoustic version of Facedown by The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus. And we kinda just clicked a few mins ago. It definitely wont be like the original acoustic cos I just can't do that yet, but our own simplier version...yes...so I'll let ya know if we record that so I can post it if thats okay.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:09 pm

so now im unstuck cos i rammed a B chord in there for the D# that I was missing. The only problem is getting from a G7 to a B and then do a D that really isn't a D because I stretch to the high A on the last string. Sooo...yeah...and I've been arranging some stuff around to make it sound a little original. And I plan on recording a demo/test run tonight or tomorrow. Yes, for once I'm actually doing something instead of talking about it. But I'm still skeptical about how it'll sound cos I have multiple layers of music but I don't know if they fit together. SO the test run will see if they fit! HOW COOL IS THAT?! not very...

But it would be good if I practice my guitar stuff for my lesson today. Im SUNK!
Back to top Go down
EmoliciousChuckaholic
Level 3
Level 3
EmoliciousChuckaholic

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:25 pm

The theme sounds amazing and I wanna hear it when you're done...
But you know none of us know what you're talking about with the chords!!! At least I don't...lol.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:43 pm

then maybe i'll do a vid so you can seeeeeeeeeeeeeee (not)
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:44 pm

and srsly...when i want to post the mp3...how? am i missing something or do i need help?
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 pm

so instead of practice my guitar stuff for me lesson, i decided to go ahead and try recording. i hooked up everything and it definitely works but the quality pretty much stinks. but, i dont really mind cos this was a free download we found so i knew the program wasnt gonna be that good. anyhow, the recording went okay. i deleted what i did cos it wasn't that good. i need to lower my amp power cos its overloading the computer volume. i think that's another reason why the sound was bad. and i messed up a lot. man, who knew the pressure of recording something perfect. and im still fiddling around with some arrangement cos what i had didnt go well together.

so maybe this weekend i'll have the demo up like i said before.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:36 pm

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00933/

this is where the best remixed version is. just go to "download" and it'll set you right now. dont worry, it wont kill your computer. its safe. but yeah, my version is nothing like this. BUT this dude isn't using real instruments outside of the piano. he has the fancy music making programs. curse him!!! jk i love this version...so yeah...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Administrator
Administrator
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:14 pm

SiCkSeNsE_13 wrote:
oh mighty admin, is there a way to attach an mp3 cos i found the version to the song that i know and love....instead of the game version...this'll give you a better door to what the song

There isn't really a way to post an mp3 on the forum. But you can use other websites to upload your music to, and then share it.

Megaupload [<---link] Megaupload is what I would recommend. All you gotta do is just upload the file then it will give you a link and that is what you give to people you want to share with.
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:19 pm

cool cool that's what i was looking for
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:30 pm

phil's gone this weekend house sitting for my sister. so i should have some time alone this week to record. then i'll have him upload it (fyi...my version isnt going to sound that goood...but i gotta start somewhere)
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:11 am

still working on the revamp of star ocean. its going to be so simple, but i havent gotten the recording to sound good and presentable. that is why its taking so long. and im thinking about just uploading a video of me playing instead of a recording. then you'll see how simple and horrible i am at guitar!
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:17 am

oh snap here i go again with distance dreams that will never be

anyhow

soooooo this is far into the future because i am lacking money and other things to purchase an electric guitar, but this is just dreaming. phil's been talking about getting a bass. woot for him. and i want an eletric. well, i was thinking and hearing this OCremix of Terra's theme from FF6. That is probably my favorite of the old school FF's and the theme is simply gorgeous. It was the first one I really knew growing up. So, I want to make a revamp of it. With Phil's awesome music skills, I'm positive we could hook up something amazing! And we want to get Finale and all this stuff to make music plus the guitars. We could do some nice stuff and post it. anyhow, that's just something I really want to do as siblings.

you never know...we might be on OCremix one day
Back to top Go down
SiCkSeNsE_13
Level 5
Level 5
SiCkSeNsE_13

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:27 am

this is the person who's done the best remix of Terra's theme (aka Tina in Japanese). if you skip the beginning you'll get right into the guitar part. And I wouldn't recommend reading what the guy says on the page. Go to download and click on one of them and another tab should open up to let you listen to it. if you wanna save it. right click and press save as. anyhow, this was just to show you what other people have done. ocremix is a great place to find awesome revamps of classic themes.

http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR00206/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Indie with a revamp twist   Indie with a revamp twist Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Indie with a revamp twist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Temple of Atun :: General Discussion :: Creativity-
Jump to: